Failte Ireland have just published the visitor numbers for Irelands most visited attractions in 2018.
7 of the top 10 paid attractions feature on Scratchable Map Ireland. We'd have had all of the top 10 if Dublin and Wicklow weren't such small counties with so many brilliant attractions! Here's the top 10 and how many visitors they had in 2018;
1. Guinness Storehouse - 1,736,156
2. Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience – 1,580,000
3. Dublin Zoo – 1,230,145
4. Book of Kells – 1,057,642
5. Tayto Park – 700,000
6. St Patrick’s Cathedral – 627,199
7. Kylemore Abbey & Garden – 561,657
8. Muckrose House – 550,649
9. Powerscourt House Gardens and Waterfall – 472,523
10. Blarney Castle & Gardens – 460,000
1. Guinness Storehouse, Dublin
The Guinness Storehouse was, once again, Ireland's most visited attraction in 2018. Learn all about the brewing of Guinness, the Arthur Guinness Story and the 9,000 year lease. Relive the famous Guinness ads of the last 80 years and find out how to pour the perfect pint of the black stuff. Finish the tour with a pint in the Gravity Bar with a 360 degree view of Dublin City.
Check out our blog, written by a local, about visiting The Guinness Storehouse.
2. Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience, County Clare
The 8 kilometre long, 214 meter high cliffs are one of Ireland's most famous attractions and the most famous cliffs in Ireland. So popular, it is recommended to visit the cliffs in the morning or evening to avoid the huge crowds and queues. For a great sunset, we recommend visiting in the evening.
4. Book of Kells, Dublin
5. Tayto Park, Meath
7. Kylemore Abbey & Garden, County Galway
8. Muckross House, Killarney National Park, County Kerry
10. Blarney Castle & Gardens, County Cork
Have you really been to Ireland if you haven't kissed the Blarney Stone? Blarney Castle has been one of Ireland's top tourist attractions for years. And for good reason. Those who kiss the Blarney Stone hope to get 'the gift of the gab'. When you have that done don't forget to explore the huge grounds and gardens. The Fern Gardens, Druid's Cave and The Witch's Kitchen, to name just a few, are some of the brilliant features of Blarney House and Gardens.
Love visiting Ireland's top attractions? Keep track of your visits with Scratchable Map Ireland. Ireland's only hand drawn scratchable map has 62 of Ireland's top attractions including all 32 counties.